Friday, August 31, 2012

My buddy, my buddy

Braylon update:
Had a follow up appointment with the veterinary oncologist today and we decided on a treatment plan for Bray.  He will get a chemo pill every three weeks and will also take a steroid (prednisone) every day.  She was so happy with the difference one week and some medicine made.  He is a completely different dog today than he was one week ago.

The not so awesome news is that with this treatment, average life span is 6 months.  We are just really glad that we are getting the opportunity to have a bit more time with him.

Thanks to the steroid he thinks he is starving all the time so he is moping a lot and licking his bowl and giving me sad eyes.  I told him he wasn't going to get to play the cancer card on me every day, and that he had to pick and choose when he wanted to bring that out :-)

He is a happy boy again, and today he was actually playing in the backyard with Jake and I haven't seen him do that in quite a while.  I've got my buddy back, and will have him for just a short time more, but I will cherish every moment that I get to spend with him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment